Monday, March 22, 2010

Running to reduce stress!

Last night I was thinking back of my first years at university: it seems my life wasn’t so stressful back then. Things were much easier. No team work, no new deadlines in my diary every week, the only calendar I had to worry about was my social calendar. Now, I have to prioritize and make to-do lists: school, projects, blogs, team meetings…. Making the transition from being a student to being a young professional isn’t that easy apparently. The trick to reduce the stress level is to find an activity that calms you, for some of us that’s dancing to a favorite song, for others it’s reading a good book, for me it’s jogging. I have set myself a new goal. I’m going to run the 10km of Ghent. In 10 weeks I’ll run 10km in 1 hour. Who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment